Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer
Bradwell Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self- motivated person to fill the above role. The position is office based for 30 hours per week. Council meetings are held at the Parish Council Offices as scheduled.
Main duties will include:
- To organise and attend all council meetings,
- Prepare and issue papers to Councillors for those meetings ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
- To attend such other meetings of the Council as required.
- Deal with all correspondence on behalf of the Council.
- Monitoring and updating of Council’s key operating procedures.
- Have sound current IT skills, especially the Microsoft Office suite.
- Have experience in financial budgeting and accounting (eg managing transactions, claiming VAT and preparing annual accounts)
- Be able to create and publish agendas for meetings and take accurate minutes
- To be the holder of a full UK Driving licence and have access to a vehicle. Expenses for its use on Council business and Business insurance will be provided.
- To act as the Responsible Financial Officer in accordance with Statutory requirements and Financial Regulations
- Supervision of Council Budget and provision of quarterly reports to Council
- Responsible for ensuring payment of invoices and staff salaries, as well as receipt of income.
- Recording and reclaiming VAT.
- Preparation of the Annual Budget Report to determine precept requirement; plus, the quarterly updates for committees.
- Preparation and timely submission of the Annual Return.
- Ensuring Council’s responsibilities under the Transparency Code are met
- Identification of suitable grants for Council work.
Parish Council Services Management
- Dealing with members of the public’s queries promptly.
- Management of Council run areas such as Playing Fields, Allotments and open spaces, as well as Council owned properties, street furniture, footpaths and bus stops.
- Effective Supervision of staff employed by the Council.
- To manage Data in accordance with the GDPR as the key data controller, provide risk assessment and advice on data protection as required.
Communication and Liaison
- Management of the Parish Council Website, Noticeboards and other media.
- Advising the Council or Councillors, where necessary, of their statutory duties and/or powers.
- Providing support and advice to Council Chairman and Committee Chairmen.
Salary according to LC2 salary scales (£12.98 – £18.58 per hour) based on qualifications and experience. Contributory Pension scheme and paid holidays.
Experience is preferred however, the successful candidate must be committed to expensed training toward the CILCA qualification needed for Clerks and Financial Officers. Formal training and mentoring will be provided.
In the first instance, please send your CV and an accompanying letter, explaining how you can add value to this role to: –
The Clerk, Bradwell Parish Council
Leo Coles Pavilion, 25Green Lane
Bradwell, Gt Yarmouth, NR31 8QG
01493 444478 firstname.lastname@example.org